Equine Cold Spa
Cold Salt Hydrotherapy
Cold Salt Hydrotherapy is used to treat (and prevent) a multitude of injuries in 2°C / 35°F saltwater. The spa has successfully addressed virtually all lower leg injuries. Treatment temperature alone induces a massive rush of blood and circulation which otherwise would not be present.
This drug free therapy can be used for injury prevention and also to increase mobility and reduce swelling in the limbs before and after competitive events and training.
Useful in all equine disciplines
- Used for prevention and rehabilitation of e.g.: Tendon, ligament & suspensory injuries, arthritis, hoof injuries, shin splints, bruising, swollen joints, skin infections, Bone density problems & acute laminitis.
- Improves blood circulation for quicker healing times.
- Non-invasive, drug free therapy.
- Increases mobility.
- Reduces heat, minimizing inflammation and swelling.
- Can treat as many as 20 horses daily.
- Low temp ( 35°F) provides analgesic pain management & inhibits enzyme degeneration of tendons post injury.
- Salt solution acts as a hypertonic poultice for a natural healing effect on open wounds.
- Water density increases with salt concentration which in turn increases pressure to aid fluid & waste dispersal.
- Water aeration increased through low temperatures has massaging effect on legs & helps in healing of wounds.
The comprehensive package that includes the following.
- The Equine Cold Spa Unit
- The Chiller Unit
- Introducing Door
- Manure Collection Harnesses
- Starter Pack of Salts and Chemicals
- Installation and Training
We take over the supply and assembly of all equine spa systems.